What is Connections DDRC?
Connections DDRC assists individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families access services through the State of Alaska Developmental Disabilities (DD) Programs.
How Can Connections Help?
The Connections DDRC Coordinator serves as a first point of contact to help access and navigate the variety of disability services available. The Connections DDRC Coordinator can assist with:
- Applying for DD eligibility
- Applying for and maintaining placement on the DD registry
- Accessing other disability resources
- Assisting with Mini-Grant applications
- Referring for DD Waiver care coordination
The Connections DDRC Coordinator will help develop strategies and natural supports to help participants achieve stability and independence.
Who is eligible?
The State of Alaska defines IDD as a severe, chronic disability that:
- Is attributable to a mental or physical impairment or combination of both
- Is manifested before age 22 and is likely to continue indefinitely
- Results in substantial functional limitation in three or more areas of major life activity.
Anyone who is looking for help in accessing disability related services can call Connections DDRC. If we can’t help you, we will work to connect you with services that can.
ACCA provides Connections services to the following regions:
- Fairbanks North Star Borough
- North Slope Borough
- Interior Road System
- Yukon-Koyukuk Region
For information or to make a referral for Connections DDRC services, please contact:
Connections DDRC Coordinator
(907) 456-4003 ext. 111 phone
(907) 456-6124 fax
Note: The Connections DDRC was formerly called STAR. STAR Services were provided by FRA (Fairbanks Resource Agency) until June of 2019. If you previously received STAR services through FRA, please feel free to call ACCA for more information about how to continue your services through our agency.